Parquet Wishes and Leprechaun Dreams

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bill Simmons lives his dream of wearing Celtics green

While filming a segment back in August for ESPN's new show E:60 (imdb.com), fellow Crusader and Celtics fanatic Bill Simmons attended a motion-capture photo shoot for the video game "NBA Live 08" (easports.com) ... well, the footage has finally been made public, and you can click on this link (sports.espn.go.com) to see the results.

Outside of the humiliation of having to wear one of those skin-tight mocap suits (Bill: "Well, you're gonna find out that I'm circumsized"), I'm jealous of ol' Bill for two reasons:
  • He went one-on-one with Paul Pierce during the shoot (Bill: "Pretend it's five seconds left in the 2008 Finals, I'm Raja Bell!"), and actually scored on him once ("Did you see how I gave you the little turnaround, but then I gave you the McHale stepback? It was good, I kinda froze you for a second")!
  • His likeness will - apparently - be included in the final version of the game (although I'm wondering if JoJo White gave him permission to un-retire the number "10" jersey?)

No comments: