Parquet Wishes and Leprechaun Dreams

Monday, October 8, 2007

"Big Baby" needs a change in diapers?

I know it's old news, but - if you haven't already - you simply must catch up on Glen Davis' blog for the Boston Herald ... As sad as I was to see Delonte West leave the team in the trade to Seattle, I just knew that "Big Baby" (or "Macrosomia" as I like to call him) would step in and fill the comedic void left in Delonte's wake.

Take this blog entry from October 4th (bostonherald.com) ... while it may not be up to the standards of Delonte's checklist for a successful Valentine's Day (espn.go.com), it's pretty darn close:

First, I want to say, "Hey, Boston." Then, I want to say, "Hey, world. How y'all doing out there?"

I know you're reading my diary in the Herald and online all over the world, and I want you to know I appreciate that.

Well, I'm getting in a groove. I'm getting a vibe, and things are getting better. I'm just trying to keep getting better on the court.

Away from the court, we've been doing some great things over here. The Vatican was beautiful.

I wish you could see it. Michelangelo was a, first of all, talented man. But he's also crazy, because there's no way I would take six years painting a ceiling that's at least 30 or 40 feet high in the air. But I guess you do what you've got to do, and I just want to commend Michelangelo.

The tour was great, but it was a really long walk. It felt like it was a second practice. But it was a great experience. I learned a lot.

If you ever have the chance to visit Rome, you have to see the Vatican. It's beautiful. It's amazing how detailed and how on point the paintings were.

After we did that, we went to go eat, and I had to help (teammate) Jackie Manuel eat oyster salad. The rookies had to eat that, and when he was having trouble finishing, they asked me if I was going to help my teammate out.

You read about Ubuntu in yesterday's Herald and how that's our philosophy - each man on the team helping each other. So I had to help my fellow rookie.

Ubuntu, that's the saying of the year for us. They were like, "Are you going to help him." And I was like, "Yeah, I'm going to help my man."

That's what I did, and I almost puked again like I did after eating the octopus. I was stuffed. I had gas. Bad gas. You should be thankful this isn't a scratch and sniff diary. But I got it all out of my system and had a good practice today. That's what matters.

Talk to you later.

Ciao.

I just find it hilarious that he can fit in his thoughts on the wonders of the Sistine Chapel AND suffering from a case of the toots, all in one blog post ... Bravo, Mister Davis.

"I got it all out of my system" ... Oh man. He might not play a lotta minutes this season, but he'll be good for some killer sound bites if nothing else.

No comments: