Parquet Wishes and Leprechaun Dreams

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Anyone interested in a free TV?

Via the Worcester Telegram & Gazette (telegram.com):
The Celtics got a kick out of the Percy's advertisement in the T&G this week that offered to reimburse the cost of TV and audio equipment purchases between Dec. 14-24 if the Celtics win the world championship this season.

"If I was in the market for a TV, I'd be willing to take that risk," Brian Scalabrine said. "Those guys are going to go broke," Tony Allen said. “I might go there. I might get two TVs."

"I'm all for it. I love it," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said.

The Celtics said the possibility of free TVs and audio equipment added no more pressure on them to win the NBA title.

"Our job is to put pressure on Percy's," Rivers said.

The promotion shows how far the Celtics have come in a year. Last season, no customer would have risked anything on the Celtics winning a championship.

Percy’s paid the Celtics a fee for the promotion, a Celtics official said. Had the ad read "NBA championship" instead of "world championship" the store would have had to pay the NBA as well.

No comments: