Parquet Wishes and Leprechaun Dreams

Friday, January 4, 2008

Delusional

Now Lamar Odom claims that his hit on Ray Allen was "not excessive" (latimes.com):
The Lakers weren't thrilled with the one-game suspension the league handed Lamar Odom.

Turns out Odom wasn't that pleased, either.

Odom was given a flagrant foul after appearing to slam his body into Boston guard Ray Allen near the end of Sunday's 110-91 Lakers loss. Two days later, the league issued a suspension, which will cost Odom $120,441 in lost salary.

He will miss Friday's game against Philadelphia.

"It wasn't my ruling or my judgment, but if that's what the league says, that's what goes," he said. "I didn't think it was that excessive. I wasn't trying to hurt him. I was just trying to make a play on the ball. If I would have cheap-shotted him, he would have known I would have cheap-shotted him."

Just the same, Odom's teammates joked with him during Wednesday's practice. Trevor Ariza even got into a three-point stance, Odom said.

"I was a pee-wee legend," Odom said. "I told these guys that at 12-13 years old, I was a monster on the football field, but my football days are behind me. I just watch now."
Yeah, I could see where a hip-check into the Celtics' bench could in actuality just be a clean play going for the ball ... uh huh, sure.

So, this proves that Mister Odom is, in fact, delusional ... but at least he's not as bad as this guy (sports.yahoo.com):
After Isiah Thomas declared the Knicks on the way to a championship before one more Madison Square Garden embarrassment on Wednesday night, a rival general manager wondered: “Are they joining the D-League?”

If only another minor-league basketball operation would have the Knicks president and coach after he destroyed the old Continental Basketball Association. No one should be surprised that the Knicks are terrible again, but perhaps just how little time it took a complete roster to give up this season. Thomas still holds onto his job, because the owner, Jim Dolan, is the last believer in New York.

Thomas promises that he isn’t leaving until he’s delivered that championship. Of course, the fear in New York is that Dolan will hold him to his word. Everyone keeps saying that it can’t go on like this, but it does and it probably will. As much as Thomas has feigned befuddlement over his players’ effort, those inside and outside the locker room at MSG have privately doubted his work habits as coach this season. To think that he’s even preparing for opponents, even putting in the hours, is debatable.
Don't worry Isiah, I can see Mayor Bloomberg planning the parade route right now ... right alongside William Parcher and Jim Byrd (blockbuster.com).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Couldnt find your contact email so I figured I would post this here. You can delete it once you read it. This is TJ, the owner of Celtics247.com Not sure if you have seen our site before, but I am also help running Gotgarnett.com now. I like what your doing with your block at Shamrock Headband and was wondering if you would like to exchange links. I would put your shamrock site on both GotGarnett and Celtics247 if you were willing to add both of course. I think it could help both of our websites! Let me know what you think and the info is listed below for our sites.

Name: Celtics 24/7
URL: http://celtics247.com

Name: GotGarnett.com
URL: http://gotgarnett.com/blog