Parquet Wishes and Leprechaun Dreams

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Marbury question still up in the air

As you certainly know by now, Stephon has gone on record claiming that he received a verbal commitment from the Celtics that they will sign him once the Knicks buy out his contract, but now the Boston Herald comes out with a report disputing those claims (news.bostonherald.com) ... Wow, you mean Stephon Marbury might actually be making stuff up? Shocking!

There's also this quote from the man himself that I found ... well, "disturbing" is probably the right word to use:
"The question to be asked to the Knicks is: Are they fearful for me playing for another Eastern Conference team? My thing is, they shouldn't be fearful. They're trying to get under the cap for 2010. They shouldn't be worried about me. You had guys saying I was a distraction, I'm a cancer. If I'm all those things, wouldn't you want me to go to another team?"
Seriously, Mister Ainge, does that sound like someone you want to add to the roster?!?

No comments: