Parquet Wishes and Leprechaun Dreams

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Well, that was disappointing ...

What, you think I'm talking about the end of the regular season? Heck no, I'm ready to get on that road to Banner Number 17 (drivefor17.tv)! Besides, who could be disappointed in a 66-16 record (nba.com)? Or securing homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs? Or achieving the greatest turnaround in league history (plus-42 in wins)? Or becoming the first NBA team to go from worst to first in their conference?

No, I'm (obviously) not disappointed in the Celtics' performance this season, I'm disappointed in MY performance this season.

I warned you guys long ago that graduate school might turn into a soul-crushing beast that eats away at all of my free time (or something like that) ... Sure enough, once the All-Star break was over, games just started to pile up in my DVD recorder (hopefully we'll be getting a DVR [charter.com] soon and I won't have to bother with allocating space on all of those blasted disks) and I couldn't devote the time to writing my signature recaps like I wanted.

So, having to choose between writing more recaps and writing up my assignments, I had to side with where the money lies (school ain't cheap, folks!), thus abandoning my main source of blog material for the rest of the season. However, I figured that I could still bang out a quick article or op-ed piece in order to keep this place alive, but even that proved to be difficult with my current schedule ... And so good ol' PWALD languished in near-hibernation status, the apparent victim of another well-intentioned cyber-journalist who simply couldn't cut the mustard any longer and had to give up the ghost (*sniff*).

Luckily, the semester ends in just under two weeks - yay! - which means that (even though I'll probably miss some of the first round depending on whether or not we sweep or the Hawks steal one game) I'm hoping to get back on the horse and start up my recaps for the postseason.

No promises, though ... Still, here's hoping that not all of you have abandoned me, and you'll stick around to see what meandering musings I'll come up with next!

No comments: