Parquet Wishes and Leprechaun Dreams

Friday, February 8, 2008

Big Al: "Power Forward? Pretty Flowers? Purple Firetruck?"

In preparation for tonight's contest against Al Jefferson and the Minnesota Timberwolves, let me remind you of this embarrassing little story that Celtics sideline reporter Greg Dickerson shared with us in the closing moments of the first quarter during the previous Celtics-Wolves matchup (01/25):
DICKERSON: Kendrick Perkins wanted me to pass this along, I said to Perk yesterday, "What's the best Al Jefferson story you can give me?"

He said, "Aw, he'll kill me for telling you this, but you gotta tell this one on the air. It's a couple years ago, comes over to me after a game and says 'Hey, uh, what does PF mean on the stat sheet?'"

And Perk says "Seriously, you don't know what PF stands for?!" ... Keep it down, keep it down, Al Jefferson has since learned that PF of course stands for "Personal Fouls".

And when I brought that up to Al, he knew exactly what I was talking about and remembered the story very well ...

HEINSOHN: And he kept saying, "Why am I only in single digits in the PF column?"

GORMAN: That's right [laughs]

HEINSOHN: "I'm in double figures in every other column" ...

No comments: